Sunday, April 26, 2009

School Days


I met Jeff's class on Thursday. I think he is so lucky to be in a nice school. I can't believe he has taught for 7 years. I love to be involved in Jeff's job and to know what is going on and what is coming up. We have a long standing joke, that his classroom is mine in the summer and his throughout the school year. Jeff's first principle was an actual blessing in our life. She gave Jeff the job, and gave us many opportunities throughout the years. Maybe she just had pity on us. I guess what I am trying to say is that Jeff's job has been a special part of our marriage and family. I think the word is out that teachers don't make very much money. Sure I have wished that we had more money and that we didn't have to have stomach aches over our finances. But I wouldn't trade it for anything, really. A few years ago I couldn't have said that. Jeff's job gives him daily practice on how to be a good father, even though I have hindered the process at times. If it wasn't for jeff, our boys may be quite different. Jeff's job has brought us close together and taught us all a lot. I am not saying everyone needs to be a teacher to be happy. And I am definitely not saying that we are perfect because of jeff's job. But it sure is teaching us and forcing us to grow. The coming 3 years are going to be rough with jeff going back to college to finish his administrative license. I think Heavenly Father wants to teach me to be more independent. "You mean I have to not depend on Jeff so much?"

4 comments:

  1. Heavenly Father is always thinking of ways to make us independent huh? Mine was through scouting, those week long scout camps were brutal...Now they are old hat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been blessed with Jeff as a teacher. He is home at decent times, has all the holidays and summers off. Joe goes in and out of being busy, which means in and out of working a lot and not a lot. Right now, not so busy, but is it really a blessing? We do get to see him more, but the business suffers. Sometimes I feel like there isn't ever a happy medium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you guys are doing pretty good. No matter how much money we have, we seem to spend it all anyway. Can't wait to come see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been given lots of opportunities to become more independent, and it's been a blessing, and I'm grateful, even though it's been difficult.

    PS your blog won't let me post using my typepad ID, or even put my URL with my name.

    PPS When is Em coming to visit???

    ReplyDelete