Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Miss California


I do not follow the Miss USA Pageant, but while watching the news today I found something very interesting. When it was the final 5? and they were asked their responses to questions. Miss California was asked by a gay judge what her thoughts on gay marriage were. She responded something like this, " Me and my family do not believe in same sex marriage." She came in as first attendant. So now there is all this talk that she probably would have won if she said she agreed with same sex marriage. The Today Show brought her on the show today and asked her if she would do it again and answer with more of a pleasing answer. She said NO. I would say the same thing again, I believe in standing for what you believe not being a fence sitter. She said how she wanted to be biblically correct more than politically correct.


This really touched me. I am so glad that this happened and that the world has heard what this lady had to say. So we have all had peer pressure, but this to me is immense peer pressure. It was her life long dream to be miss usa. But she did not change her standards for the world to achieve her dream. .... to bad she doesn't have a modesty in dress standard.

5 comments:

  1. i love stories like this. i really do. this reminds me of the news reporter lady in utah who was going to make it onto a national news station, but she decided to be a mom instead. i don't remember her name. you have inspired me today, aunty gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, I love this story too! It is so good to hear that there are people out there willing to stand up for what is right no matter how hard, no matter what the consequences. Yeah for Miss California!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great story, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turns out she isn't the best role model after all.

    ReplyDelete