Sunday, April 5, 2009

Family is Forever


I have enjoyed conference. This is the first year the boys mostly stayed in the same room with us and did some activities to participate in gen. conf. We were very impressed by their goodness. Jacob and Ben are good play mates, they still argue and get in fights sometimes but I am glad they are friends. It may have been how I was raised, but I feel it is important to have your bestest and closest friends be your brothers and sisters. My sister Emily was my best friend growing up, we were blood sisters in fact.
I was at deseret book one day and I saw this mini statue figurine and it inspired me so much. I bought it to remind me and my boys that their brothers are important, and they can give each other the support and love that they each need. Joseph and Hyrum Smith were very close and if they had not had the closeness and goodness to each other growing up, then his brother hyrum would not have been there to get him through the many trials he would go through and to give him the support to do such a great work.
There is that saying, "friends may come and go, but family is forever".

1 comment:

  1. Gina, I love reading about your inspirational thoughts and stories. I wish I could find a figurine of a loving brother and sister to remind my two older ones how much they should show love to one another. You do inspire me and give me hope that maybe one day my kids will be best friends. One day, maybe.

    ReplyDelete