Friday, March 6, 2009

Given Much


Jeff and I are on a very much limited income. I wish I could give the boys more. We have felt bad that we haven't had the boys in some sort of activity for almost a year. We know it isn't the most important thing for the boys to be involved in sports, but we know that it would be good for them. And they would love it so much. So knowing that it isn't an option, we just put it on the back burner. Then on Valentines Jeff got a valentine from one of his students, it was a free month of karate lessons plus a free karate suit. When I saw it I knew it was our chance for Jacob to be involved in something. We may only do it for one month, but at least it is something.

Another blessing we have received is this. Jeff has one suit, it is an old suit, he has had it since after his mission. It is still nice, but it has been in remission for it's mending needs for quite some time. I finally did a jimmy rig of mending for it, but Jeff's dream has been to buy a new suit for a few years now. WE just never had the money. Then we were talking to Jeff's parents and Ken said he had a suit that didn't fit him anymore, and that it would fit Jeff. It was in great condition, and it fit pretty good. These things always happen time and time again. It humbles me every time, to know how much heavenly father watches over us, and loves us. I have always felt if I truly need something, and if I am very patient, Heavenly Father will help us find the way. Throughout all of this I now realize, that I should never just throw things out or give them to the DI, without making sure others may not need it first.

Jacob was so happy to have a karate lesson, he did really well. And he just made me giggle and smile the entire time of watching him. I am so glad I have a Jake-o-lantern.

4 comments:

  1. ui want to see jakey cakes doing karate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! You so need to video tape it for us. That would be so cute. We got Adam a new suit 2 or 3 years ago. It was replacing the one he had had for 10 years (he bought for our wedding). This one is already showing some wear because with going to court and wearing a gun, he has used it a lot more than just Sundays. He saw an ad for Men's Wearhouse for buy one get one free suits. But then you have to pay for one of those, so I think we will miss that sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gina, I love how positive and appreciative you are! HF does take care of us! P.S. I have noticed that Target sells suits. I don't know if they are the best quality, but they sure are cheaper than say JC Penny's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to look at those target suits. Hopefully we won't have to buy one for a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete