Sunday, March 8, 2009

Faith


I was helping Jeff prepare the lesson to teach Ben's class at church. The lesson was about priesthood blessings. It asked to share a personal experience of being sick and having a priesthood blessing. It made me remember a time a couple years ago, and so I shared it with jeff. (I had not ever shared my feelings of this occasion to Jeff before). Cole was 4 months old and I was nursing him. I guess I had a busy day and was starting to come down with a breast infection. I could feel it starting to turn into mastitis and it could not have been happening at a worse time. I had had mastitis maybe 6 or 7 times before that, and I knew what it entailed. It was in the evening hours on a Thursday night. The next day we were going to go up to Weber State University for Jeff's graduation for receiving his masters degree. This was a big accomplishment for jeff and it meant a lot to him that I be there. The boys and I would be the only friends or family that would be there. We also just had one car, and I knew that with him taking it in the early hours to go to his graduation would leave me with no way to go get medication for my infection. I felt awful about it. ANd so I asked him to give me a blessing. Now you must know this was the first time I had as strong as faith as I did to be healed. I knew that Heavenly Father knew that I needed to go to this graduation. I did not have any selfish intentions to be healed. (I knew going to the graduation would be hard and let me tell you, it was... keeping a four month old happy for hours on end and nursing him in the public of WSU and 2 young children who just wanted to run around a play). After the blessing I did my part by going to bed very early and drinking lots of water. When I woke up the next morning there was no sign of infection or any symptoms.

I was so grateful to my Heavenly Father for being healed.

FYI: Once a breast infection gets to the point of mastitis very rarely can a woman be healed on her own without an antibiotic or some homeopathic remedy

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor G. I have only had mastitis once and it really was the sickest I ever had been in my whole life. The flu times a million plus the sore, super sore nursing. You are a sweet spirit and so deserving of miracles like this. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of the sun through the rain is awesome! Just added you to my bloglist! Your blog is very sweet and spiritual...A good example!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome story! Mastitis is the worst. We are so lucky to have the priesthood:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Gina, it looks like I can log on as "Anonlymous" and I'll try google now. You make sure you have a good day. I love you!! Jeff

    ReplyDelete