Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom


My mom is such a neat lady. She just wants to do what is right. Growing up I loved to feel my mother's love. I remember on so many occasions of feeling sad and my mom just taking the time to sit with me and hold me and sing or buoy me up until I felt better again. Being a mom myself, I know what time is taken to do such a thing.

These are some things my mother has taught me:

to love warmth

to look around and be sensitive to those around me

to have good taste in food

to work until the job is done

to work my hardest

to do a job with only my best work

to be sensitive to the spirit

to do what is asked of me

how to be a wife and mother

to have a husband for a best friend

to hike

to garden (even though I don't remember all of it)

to be independent (sometimes I am not the best at it)

There are so many more. One thing that has always stuck with me, was one time when I didn't have a ride to work when I was 16. My mom told me to ride the bus. I did NOT want to do that. I didn't know how to do it, I was scared to do it and was afraid of it. My mom said, "Gina, we need to do something hard everyday." I knew she was right. I have always kept this lesson with me ever since. And I have to say, it helped me when I had to do hard things. Hard things help us grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment