Sunday, May 17, 2009

Make curtains? or Buy curtains?


Jeff and Jakey and Ben all went to the father and sons camp out. Each year Ben gets lost. I know that sounds great! Other than that they had a great time.

I stayed home with Cole and we went on walks, played outside, and I sewed Cole's curtains. Cole was sleeping while I did the curtains. He has been waking up so early in the morning that I thought curtains would really help... It helped by 30 minutes longer of sleep. Woo hoo!

I always reflect on my ancestors and how they did it. How did they get their kids to sleep well? How did they get all the things done each day that they had to do? Many times I have been in the middle of doing something and I imagine my Grandma up in heaven shaking her head, and sometimes I know she is smiling. While I was making those curtains, I know she was smiling and shaking her head at the same time. She was a wonderful seamstress.

7 comments:

  1. This is JEFF! Gina has always had a talent for many things, especially cooking, cleaning, and creating. I have just seen her get better and better as time goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An extra half hour of sleep is a major victory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina,
    you're so pure and good and real! I love you! I'm all for putting up dark curtains in my kids' rooms so I can sleep an extra 3 hrs. in the morning. No, I'm kidding..about me sleeping 3 hrs. extra. The darkness definately helps though. (;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina, that is so awesome that you made Cole's curtains! You should put a picture up so we can see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30 mintues of sleep can make for break a day!
    Yay for you for making the curtains! I agree that phtoos need to be posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so you know, I got an email from IKEA saying that they have some curtains on sale a 2 pack for $10. They may work in your other son's bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wonder about my ancestors and whether they had kids that followed them around asking for candy and cookies or complaining that they were bored. Or if they yelled at them when it was time for scriptures and prayers and then had to repent. They probably just shake their heads a lot at me.

    ReplyDelete