Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dad


My Dad was a good teacher to me. He always wanted me to understand how everything worked and was made. Washers, pulleys, his money drop in television as a kid, motors, raising chickens. So so many more. I wish I would have listened better as a child. He has such knowlede.

My dad was such a hard worker, he still is, he can't seem to stop even though he will be 70 this year. What a good example I had to look up to all growing up. and still. My biggest memory with my dad was a paper route we did. He would drive while I folded the newspapers and put the newspapers into their slots. That memory still has a smell to this day, newspaper smell. But I am glad that I was able to work next to my dad, those things at the moment we would trade for anything. But when we look back, we wouldn't trade that for anything. I have another memory of him taking me to do his errands and me holding his finger while we crossed the road to get the mail.

My dad is so very talented. He knows how to double whistle. I don't even know how to whistle normal. That is just one of his talents.

What would I have done without my Dad. When I think of my dad, he reminds me of a strong bolder. He is so strong physically and spiritually. I love you Dad.
Make sure you push pause on the music before you push play on this video clip

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, Jacob is oldy-pants! He is like a person and not a mini anymore! What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that used to be like my primary favorite song when i was a wee thing. except i was so short instead of patting his cheeks, i would pat and hug his thighs.
    i love g'pa stout too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina,
    reading your posts makes me love you even more! You're so real! Oh, I miss you..

    ReplyDelete