Friday, June 5, 2009

confessions


You may come to my home and think I am a hoarder. But I feel that I am not. I have found that I am addicted to the feeling I get when I get rid of things. I stood outside with the boys in the rain for an hour this morning trying to sell some things for a yard sale. I sold 8 large toys and a table. I earned 7 dollars!!!! in just one hour.


*This is just a silly thing about my boy ben. He loves to clean. He is always at my elbows trying to clean with me. This morning I cleaned the bathrooms, and because of my selfishness I put on a movie for ben so that he would not be at my elbows while I cleaned, so I could do it faster. Just now he was complaining that I got to do just fun things this morning and that my life is funner than his. I was very confused at that statement and so I asked him what I did that was fun. He said cleaning. He then said, "Cleaning is fun." What am I supposed to say to that?

5 comments:

  1. Cute Ben! Hope that he keeps feelign that way. My older kids have all grown out of it. take advantage of it while you can. I miss the days that Lex & Tash used to beg me with bright shining faces to be able to help with dishes. If only that would happen now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can we borrow ben for a little bit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow, let the poor child clean for heavens sake. Soon he will outgrow this stage and will be wishing for the "old Ben" back who used to loe to clean. I have learned that sometimes I have to live with things not quite the way I would do them so my little ones can feel a sense of accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is JEFF. You are all correct, but Ben's "cleaning" the dishes, for example, is playing with the water and getting it everywhere. But he can really clean when he gets his mind to it. We love our Benson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny boy. Remember when Tash said to her parents, "you just don't understant kid's lives?" Funny to hear that he thinks your life is so much funner. Cutie that we miss.

    ReplyDelete