Sunday, September 13, 2009

So SO much

Jacob's birthday, the first day of school, and we are back in the swing of things.
The birthday cake, ended up being another one of my demolition derby cakes. And after the fact, I pretend that is what I meant it to be. Jacob couldn't care that it is not perfect, he just feels privileged to come home from school and see that I was thinking of him and had the cake already made and waiting for the party to begin.



I got these balloons to set out front to surprise jakey when he got off the bus. I hid behind the porch to await his reaction. As I saw the complete humble look of surprised happiness, I started to cry. Maybe my hormones are to blame, but it made me feel so happy to make him happy. That is one of those times that I felt joy in motherhood.

Ben's first day of Preschool, hot stuff and all! He is so excited to become as smart as his older brother.



FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! Okay, this picture was taken after school, because I forgot the camera gig in the morning.






2 comments:

  1. This is Jeff. Thanks, Gina, for posting these and reliving it. I so wish I could be there when to see the boys go off and come back from school every day. They are so excited and positive (usually). It's hard for me to go back to work after being spoiled all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is sweet, the hormones just accentuate your reaction. It is real. You are such a cute mom. Those boys definitely know they are loved.

    ReplyDelete