Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Seattle Trip

We went to Seattle, just the 2 of us. Yes, we did miss the boys. One time I saw a dad get mad at his 4is little boy. The boy looked sad, and I immediately thought of Ben. Why would that make me think of ben? It is because it gives me guilt for getting angry with him. I even thought of Jakey while watching Harry Potter, we missed them, but we knew they were in good hands with jeff's brother and his wife (craig and tiffany).
One of my favorite things we did was while we were driving up, jeff retold the story from one of the books he had just read. So it taught me once again that I don't have to do the fancy things in life to have fun.
I always have fun adventures with Jeff, we laugh and talk and I tease him.
So this is how it went, except for backwards.....


This is at the famous Pikes Fish Market. We saw them throwing the fish to each other, what a show.

This is the view from the Space Needle of Seattle.
This is us eating on the space needle. We revolved 360 degrees while eating. We saw the view of the Puget Sound and Seattle.







THe Space Needle



This is by the restaurant we ate at.




Eating dinner with an old friend from Tooele, UT. Valerie was up for a teachers training conference.







A little hike we did at Discovery park after we had our picnic






Picnic at Discovery Park















Light house at Discovery park






5 comments:

  1. What a neat getaway you guys had. I'm so glad you did it. I wished we would have eaten at the space needle but after looking over the menu, we knew our boys would not have found anything they would eat. I'm happy for your fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool trip! You know whats funny, I grew up in the Seattle area and I still haven't been up in the Space Needle!!:p

    Lyndy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got to do this! Looks like it was beautiful up in Seattle. Lucky you! Jeff is so great. One of my favorite times with Geof. was somewhat similar; on our honeymoon we drove from Sacramento to Palm Springs. We listened to this book on CD and Geof. made fun of the different characters the whole drive down. I was in tears from laughing so hard. These trips with our spouses (other than just our honeymoons, of course) are so important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun for you guys! Someday maybe Rob and I will go to the top of the Space needle too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun. I am jealous. That couple time together is so great. Good for you guys.

    ReplyDelete