Monday, April 5, 2010

Hello, this is gina speaking... maybe too much speaking

This past bit, we have done projects and been lazy. I guess it evens out a bit. This past week was our spring break. We would accomplish some and play some. We flew a kite with the boys, on the only day that was nice weather out of 9 days. It just rained and poured the rest of the time. We went to Goodwill and bought a bunch of puzzles to do together as a family. The boys really enjoyed the 100-200 piece puzzles. Then we stepped up to 500 pieces and they struggled a bit, but when we did out 1000 piecer Ben said, "A kid can't even do this, this is too hard!"
He said this with a scowl.
We also went to the Life of Christ display that the Vancouver West Stake puts on. We had a good easter and we had a good General Conference. I learned in General Conference that doing my job as a mother is no duty to shirk. It seemed I learned that through several talks.
We had a thanksgiving feast for Easter Dinner. It was yums. Jenny bought lots of the ingredients and we had her over to eat it all. Being 8 months pregnant I kept thinking, my time is really not going to let me do extravagant meals when baby peter comes. This thought comes to my mind with many things. While I am laying down, while I am eating, while I am going to the bathroom, when I am doing the dishes, laundry, and with a lot of my OCD's.
At least I am being realistic now, right? Maybe hopefully somehow I will be pleasantly surprised. I don't know if any of this makes sense. Don't let it boggle your mind.




Jacob made this lego thing, made the paper word for it, and took the picture. This is what he did while we were working in the yard.
Cole doing cole like things as usual.... I really like a cole.

These are pictures of the Life of Christ displays. They have a children's activity room. Ben really enjoyed grinding the wheat, and Jacob ventured to dress up.









These pictures were taken at Jeff's school. Jacob had no school the friday before spring break started, so we all took lunch to jeff's classroom and ate it with him. It was rather fun. Mr. Schomer asked me what the special occasion was, and I said, "We got to do fun things while we can (before the baby comes)"













After lunch we stayed to meet the kids in Jeff's class. They really enjoyed showering Jacob, Ben and Cole with attention. It really surprised me that the boys seemed more maternal and affectionate with our boys than the girls did.








3 comments:

  1. Life will still be good (and fun) after Baby Peter comes!
    Cute boys! Cute photos! Fun update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lego pictures! Especially the one where Cole is asleep in the middle of them. My boys used to do the same things. Now they are all grown out of that...(sniff, sniff). It goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I am there G. Right in the middle of the not time stuff. In fact, as I type I am laying on my bed next to Ryan because he keeps waking up from his nap if I leave him in his crib. I did get dinner ready to put in the oven when we get home from karate. Oh well, he is cute and definitely worth not getting things done. Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete